Department of Maternity and Childhood Protection
The Department of Maternity and Childhood Protection was founded in 2001 as part of the Faculty of Postgraduate Education and Pre-University Training of Uzhhorod National University. The founder and first head of the department was a student of the founder of the obstetric and gynecological service of Transcarpathia, doctor of medical sciences, professor, corresponding member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR MS Baksheeva, doctor of medical sciences, professor MM Ganich. Since 2005, the department is headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Yu.Yu. Bobik.
Clinical bases and place of classes are:
- Uzhhorod City Maternity Hospital (20b Griboyedova Street);
- Transcarpathian Regional Clinical Hospital named after A. Novak, gynecological department (24 Peremohy Street);
- Uzhhorod City Children's Clinical Hospital (3 F. Rakotsi Street);
- PPMC "Intersono - Medicaver Group" (V. Kovacha, 17).
The following students study at the department:
1. Internal obstetricians-gynecologists of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd years of study;
2. Internal pediatricians of the 1st, 2nd years of study;
3. ZPSM interns;
4. Clinical residents (residents and non-residents);
5. Obstetricians and pediatricians in thematic improvement courses;
6. ZPSM doctors on specialization courses;
7. Doctors on internship courses.
Interns' training at the department is based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) of the educational process. The system is based on the assessment of all types of intern work specified in the curriculum, developed in accordance with the educational and qualification characteristics and educational and professional program. Among other methods, distance learning using the MOODL platform is widely used. The ultimate goals are the study of obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics as an independent discipline.
Medical care by the staff of the department is provided on the basis of Uzhhorod City Maternity Hospital, gynecological department of Zakarpattia Regional Clinical Hospital and Uzhhorod City Children's Clinical Hospital, which is based on relevant state programs.
Professors and associate professors regularly conduct clinical visits, provide medical and counseling services to the population of the region, conduct consultative receptions on the basis of the regional center of family planning, basic women's and children's consultations in Uzhgorod. Employees of the department perform operations of the highest complexity.
On average, members of the department annually perform about 350 surgeries, give birth to 80 mothers, participate in 100 consultations.
Members of the department provide emergency care at the Uzhhorod City Maternity Hospital, regularly hold clinical and pathological conferences, put into practice the scientific developments of the department and new methods of treatment in accordance with the Protocols of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Відповідальний за інформацію: Міцода Роман Миронович
Дата оновлення сторінки: 11.03.2021