Coffee with the Dean/ Coffee with a Student: Top 5 Reasons to Join the Faculty of Chemistry
And we continue our weekly column! This time we’ve learned why it’s worth joining the Faculty of Chemistry from the dean of the faculty Vasyl Lendel and a student Anetta Helmetsi.
The Faculty of Chemistry was founded in 1946. During the whole period of its existence, a significant number of highly qualified specialists have been trained: over 4 300 chemists and over 500 ecologists who successfully work in various fields of science, education, national economy and industry.
So, here are top 5 reasons to join the Faculty of Chemistry!
Anetta Helmetsi, a student:
1. This is the place where you will not only gain knowledge, but also find true friends and make a lot of interesting acquaintances.
2. At the faculty, students gain theoretical knowledge during lectures and practical skills while attending interesting laboratory classes, where they are able to test the quality of food, cosmetics, soil, water, air, synthesize new substances or observe different chemical reactions.
3. While studying at this faculty, we have traveled abroad many times, visited various enterprises, where we would be able to work in the future with diplomas of chemists or ecologists.
4. During the academic year, students of our faculty have the opportunity to participate in various competitions and contests, where they can express their creative or sports skills.
5. This is the faculty where you can broaden your scientific horizons with new ingenious discoveries.
Vasyl Lendel, the Dean of the Faculty:
1. Chemistry is the science studying which you begin to understand everything that surrounds you at the structural level.
2. Our faculty maintains close ties with many chemical enterprises and cooperates with foreign universities, which allows us to expand our prospects in the future.
3. The faculty is composed of five departments (Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical and Colloidal Chemistry, as well as the Department of Ecology and Environmental Protection), which allows you to choose the direction of your profession.
4. The professions of chemist and ecologist are relevant in today's labour market and over time, the need for skilled professionals in these fields will increase.
5. At our faculty, students gain valuable knowledge and are able to consolidate it during the course of the laboratory workshops.