Students IDPs were told how to change their voting address to vote in the Presidential Election 2019.
On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, a meeting with students IDPs of UzhNU took place in the meeting room of the Academic Council of UzhNU. The main topic of the meeting was the procedure of registration for voting in the elections of the President of Ukraine for internally displaced persons and residents of the occupied territories of Ukraine.
Anzhela Babkina, an advisor to the Ministry of Social Policy on IDP issues in the Transcarpathian region explained to students how to get a temporary change of their voting address. The IDP students could check their personal dada in the State Voter Register on the website www.drv.gov.ua.
Let’s briefly outline what exactly IDPs and residents of the occupied territories have to do to be able to vote:
- come to the Register Maintenance Body with their ID no later than March 25, 2019;
- write a request for the change of voting address, the request is considered immediately;
- get a certificate confirming the temporary change of voting address;
- vote at the polling station indicated in the certificate on March, 31;
- if the second round of elections is scheduled, reapply.