Seminar-training with international participation "Chornobyl: problems, prospects, technologies of environmental protection"
A training-seminar with international participation "Chornobyl: problems, prospects, technologies for environmental protection" dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the victims of the Chornobyl accident. and the celebration of the World Environment Day will take place from May 31 to June 7, 2021 and is organized at the initiative of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research of Uzhhorod National University.
The goal of the programme is:
1) raising the level of environmental awareness of young people (students) by informing them about the events related to the Chornobyl accident, which led to one of the largest human-made and environmental disasters in the world history.
2) deepening the knowledge about the biotic consequences of the Chornobyl disaster: human health, flora and fauna.
3) familiarization with the approaches to solving the problem of overcoming the consequences of the Chornobyl nuclear power plant accident.
4) familiarization with the issues of environmental safety of nuclear energy and ways to solve problems of radioactive waste management.
5) studying innovations in the field of nuclear energy.
• Chornobyl Radiation and Ecological Biosphere Reserve;
• State Higher Educational Institution “Uzhhorod National University”:
• Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas;
• State Institution "Institute of Environmental Geochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine";
• Center for Interdisciplinary Research of Uzhhorod National University;
• Student Parliament of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas.
The information has been provided by the Center for Interdisciplinary Research at Uzhhorod National University