Information Technology Center
Education-Scientific Institute of Information and Communications Technologies (ESI ICT) of UzhNU was created to implement ICTs, effective and efficient use of software and hardware in educational process in the university.
Strategic goals of ESI ICT:
- Implementation of the State conceptual foundations of e-education
- Integration of ICT into education and research areas
- Studies of phycho-pedagogical aspects of e-learning.
- Analytics of world-wide experience in ICT area, development and adaptation of e-learning technologies.
- Creating solutions of mass education projects.
Departments of the Institute are:
- Department of technical support of educational process (Head of Dept.: Kurutsa O.S.);
- Department of Innovative Technologies in Education (Head of Dept.: Dubiv A.V.);
- Department of E-learning (Head of Dept.: Wolfsberher V.V.);
- Laboratory of Multimedia Learning Technologies (Head of Lab.: Ph.D. Nelubov V.O.);
- Laboratory of local area networks ;
- Laboratory of communication and computer equipment repairing ;
- Information Technology Centre .
- Creation of Authoring software
- Implementation of e-learning by using modular object-oriented learning environment (Moodle) and other software for distance learning at university;
- Providing universal access for all of the participants of educational process to learning materials in electronic form (e-content).
- Promoting the development of e-learning courses (e-content).
- Training of academic and administrative staff of the University in modern ICT
- Promoting publishing of university’s scientific periodicals in e-forms
- Organization of the permanent seminar for students and young teachers “Modern technologies in education"
- Participation in organization of the local university’s, national and international scientific and educational conferences, seminars etc.
- integration of all academic buildings and dormitories in a single corporate Intranet network based on fiber optics
- deployment of free Wi-Fi hot spots;
- creation of a centralized network of large-scale LCD-panels to deliver high quality visual announcements;
- computer laboratories and multimedia classrooms for presentations, online seminars, videoconferences.
cooperation with software developers and participation in software academic-licenses programs
- official University's web-site development and support
Last Updated: 12.02.2014