The system of space protection from emergencies
Grant Contract - HUSKROUA/1101/252
Project Title: “Space Emergency System – cross-border system for prediction of natural disasters incidents on basis of exploitation of satellite technologies in Hungary, Slovakia, Romania and Ukraine”
Project duration: 01.01.2014 - 01.11.2015
The program of implementation: ENPI CBC Programme Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine 2007-2013.
Coordinators of UzhNU: Nataliya Kablak Associate Professor, Department of Urban Buildings Construction and Maintenance
The purpose of the project:
The overall objective of the project is the establishment of a real time monitoring and warning system to reduce risks and damages of natural disasters on population, resources and environment in the study area by means of exploitation of satellite technologies.
The specific project objectives are the following:
- a) construction of a real-time atmosphere monitoring and natural disaster warning system covering the project area and its wider environment;
- b) creation of specialist groups for collection and processing of relevant data about the state of the atmosphere for prediction of natural disasters;
- c) informing target groups and final beneficiaries about natural disasters incidents and related environmental problems. The project participants will closely cooperate with the national organisations of meteorologists and disaster recovery groups in order to optimally implement and fully exploit the results of the project.
- Uzhhorod National University (Uzhhorod, Ukraine)
- University of Miskolc (Miskolc, Hungary)
- Vihorlat Observatory (Humenne, Slovakia)
- Association Center for Research, Innovation and Technology Transfer “NORDTech” (Baia Mare, Romania)
- International Association of Regional Development Institution “IARDI” (Uzhhorod, Ukraine).
Translated by Victoria Vovchok