Research Centre of Slovakian Studies
The Scientific Research Center of Slovakistics of Uzhgorod National University was founded in 2008 on the basis of the Department of Slovak Philology (Head - Doctor of Philology, Professor S.M.Pakhomova) in cooperation with the Ukrainian language and Information Fund of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Director - Academician of NAS of Ukraine, V.A. Shirokov) as a structural subdivision of UzhNU based on joint decision of the Collegium of Ministry of Education and Science and the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (the decision number 14 / 1-13 / Decree number 301 of November 22nd 2006), sa well as the recommendations of the Ukrainian-Slovak intergovernmental commission (2007), an international scientific-methodical seminar "The prospects of development of Slovakistics in Ukraine" (Uzhgorod, October 2002) and advanced seminar "Ukrainian national linguistic dialogue" (Kyiv, February 2008).
Basic directions of activities:
- the research of systematic structure of the Slovak language in contrastive aspect;
- the development of priority research directions of Slavic Applied Linguistics;
- lexicographical activities;
- the development of a new generation of linguistic technologies based on cognitive modeling language communications;
- stuff training, including highly qualified in the field of Slavic (Slovak) Linguistics and Applied Linguistics;
- implementation of research results in social practice and learning process;
- consultative assistance to teachers-slovakists of Ukraine.
The Scientific Research Center of Slovakistics initiates and participates in common research, scientific and educational projects, including international, involving creative graduate and student’s studies UzhNU and UMIF; doing analyzes of the interaction of languages of Ukraine with other languages of the multilingual and information society; develops international contacts, organizes and conducts international scientific conferences, symposia, seminars, round tables, expert meetings on the problems of Slovakistics and applied linguistics and linguistic technologies; participates in the creation of linguistic resources (including multilingual electronic); provides training, using the training patterns of UzhNU and UMIFu; provides training and common publication of research papers, monographs, textbooks, manuals, collections, training courses (both traditional and digital) in Slovakistics; provides concluding bilingual Slovak-Ukrainian and Ukrainian-Slovak dictionaries of various types; provides the solution of problems of teaching the Slovak language in educational institutions of Ukraine; implementing the practical results of common scientific and educational projects in social practice and learning process.
- Ukrainian Lingua-Information Fund National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
- Methodological Center Studia Academica Slovaca at the Philosophical Faculty of Comensky Bratislava University;
- University of Preshov;
- University of Koshice;
- University named Matyey Bel in Banska Bystrytsa;
- the Department of Slavic Philology of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University;
- the Department of Slavic Philology of Ivan Franko Lviv National University.